[THIS PAGE IS NOT A PART OF THE SITE..
IT IS FOR COMMUNICATION ABOUT ASPECTS OF DEVELOPING THE SITE. And Notes-To-Self for To-Do's, things to research, tech notes, etc.]
ABOUT THE THEME:
We're planning on going with Archetype's theme "Impulse"
- Shopify Impulse Theme Page with Demo Sites
- General FAQ for this theeme
- How to organize products and filters
- How to add sections to regular pages
- How to add a new page with different sections
- How to add sections to products
- How to add another product with different sections
(Other themes: Supply (Used by SuperNatural) and Debue (Initial free template... these show the free template options, different photos in different places, different presentation/organization.) [Also, Other platforms: Duda, Squarespace
T0-DO / PROBLEMS TO WORK OUT (/research, etc):
1. Tax collection on spotify
2. Set up ecommerce / bank info / payment processing, test
2. Define the Product Categories/Collections/Hierarchy/Attributes/Behaviors.
For many items she would like to allow them to order if it is not in stock, BUT.... then lead times switch to what normally expect to 6-8 weeks.
Case A: User navigates to Jacket, yellow, small... it is in stock, user checks out as normal.
Case B: User navigates to Jacket, yellow, small... it is OUT of stock, language on the page changes to something like "PRE-ORDER... NOTE: LEAD TIME FOR THIS ITEM COULD BE UP TO 6-8 WEEKS."
- Create two versions of the product then use "If out of stock [link to pre-order version]") in the description?
- Maybe there's a cool way to do this with Tag Groups and/or alternate product templates?
- An add-on "Preorder" app for this purpose?
- Don't offer this, just funnel to standard "Custom Ordering" page?
Related tech notes:
- Hide out of stock
- Preorder--Setting up fulfillment
- Maybe Creating Draft Orders (for after custom consultation?)
Demo data example products for the above:
Variable... user can preorder, so show up even if out of stock:
Custom Ruched Pants
Also, there are likely to be lots of one-off items that shouldn't show up in a search if they are out of stock. (See demo product that are not variable, say "this specific ___ already made" etc.
OTHER DEVELOPMENT DETAILS: